This week, I have encountered far too many instances of people CUTTING THEIR NAILS IN PUBLIC!! That is SO GROSS. It's not like I even see the clippings, or where they end up (ew ew ew), I just hear that little "snick snick" sound that the nail clipper makes. Cutting your nails on BART? Who do you think you are?
Also, I came across some seriously irritating punctuation in something I was transcribing for a judge today. He wanted to end a sentence with the following punctuation: .". He was quoting someone at the end of the sentence, so when I transcribed it off the tape, I put in place what I consider to be logical punctuation: ." I mean, duh, I was an English major, I know what I'm doing, right? I gave it to him to proof and he gives it back to me with: .". I went stomping back to where he was sitting, and asked if that was seriously what he wanted me to type. "Yes! One period is for the end of the quote, and one is for the end of my sentence! I'll teach you grammar yet!" I let it go, because, fuck, my name's not anywhere on the stupid letter. But I kind of want to go buy him Strunk and White or something. Or Eats, Shoots and Leaves, which I was super excited to find on Yea Ming's floor! (Unless it was Erica's and she bought it for the cute little pandas on the cover.)
Also, I've just had too much to say lately, which results in my saying nothing at all. But you people are fuckin' ingrates anyway.
2 comments:
prince is just not the same without you. he's much, much worse.
who was that?
Post a Comment