Today at work, the kids got all dressed up in costumes they'd made themselves out of construction paper. They paraded around the school yard, all 230 of them, and then we walked them over to the health center across the street for trick or treating. I was just down in the yard taking pictures for the nun, but as the crew was parading out the door, I got roped into hanging onto a couple of two-year-olds. Oh my god, cutest fucking thing ever. It took so long to get the kids across the street, and the two-year-olds were in the back of the train and were getting a little squirmy. I would be too. The little girl whose hand I was holding kept trying to wiggle free, and I kept telling her that she needed to hold onto me or I might get lost. This made her giggle, and she kept tapping my foot with hers. The little boy holding my right hand had big, beautiful eyes, and seemed very shy. He was more content holding my hand than the girl was. Girls and boys seem to have no problem holding hands, so they clearly haven't gotten to the cooties stage. But I remember having crushes in preschool.
One crush anyway.
Boy crazy for LIFE!
I'm totally getting a tattoo of that.
And I totally want the coat that this little girl is wearing. Kids is damn stylish round here.
And I totally smell like armpits! For some reason, this shirt I'm wearing alway smells like armpits, regardless of how recently I've cleaned it, how much deodorant I'm wearing, and how little physical activity I'm doing. Gah!!! It's such a good looking shirt too. In fact, I think I was wearing it on that fateful night when I met Drugdealing Preschool Teacher. (My memory is so weird.) We totally ran into him to other night at the Kerry! We were having a Girls' Night Out on Friday, and decided to brave the Kerry, ignoring the unspoken deal I have with DPT to avoid the place on Friday nights since that's "his" night.
Anyway, the four of us sat downstairs intially, but then decided to brave the smokey second floor. And, of course, there he was, holding court at the pool table. He saw Jen first and said, "I know you. I know you!" Then he saw me and my Russian Travel Companion and exclaimed, "I know all you bitches!" He pretty much completely ignores me, and turns to Galina and says, "Hey, Galina, can I get my VCR back? It really sucks not being able to view all the fine things available on VHS, so, really, can I get it back? OK?"
At this point, Lauren was like, "Wow, what an asshole!" He had really lived up to every bad thing we've ever said about him. But we couldn't just walk out. No, we had to stand our ground. Luckily, Jen was shitfaced, and totally shattered her drink shortly after we planted ourselves upstairs, so we took off for Connelley's, where a guy bought us lemondrops....and then the night gets fuzzy. I do know that at some point I said, "I'm with the guy in the karate headband. And the muscle pants."
Dear god, I hope I never have to say that again.

No comments:
Post a Comment