Friday, October 27, 2006

Wind it up now!

The nun is taking her day off today like she's s'posedta! She said she might stop by for a little while in the morning, which I assumed would turn into just staying the whole day. But as the end of the morning draws ever nearer, man, my level of hopefulness for a good day is skyrocketing!

I finally went back to k'boxing yesterday, after ditching out for about two weeks based on various lame excuses. I'm kinda sore, but only when I move, so I plan to sit on my ass as much as possible, and then go back to class. What was it that Dealbreaker said? Oh: "Pain is just weakness leaving your body." That sounds so tough. So I'm gonna go to class tonight, I swear to effing god. One of my recent lame excuses for not going is that I work on the third floor of my building, so I'm running up and down stairs all day. Bill said I should push with my heels instead of my toes if I want to tone up my ass, or, alternately, just walk upstairs backwards. Because that would totally not alienate me further from my coworkers.

I've been totally bad about making friends at this job. I basically work in the attic of this old Victorian, and I share the floor with only two other people: the nun and the woman who called me chubby. Can't say that either of those are at the top of my potential work friend list. Most of the other people here are teachers, and I feel weird just walking into their classrooms and being all, "Yo! Can I hang with the toddlers too?" I think I'd prob have better luck making friends with 3-year-olds, since they're totes on my wavelength. Gluing stuff onto other stuff may possibly be my favorite activity. And I [heart] naptime. Whatever happened to naptime?

I'm sorely disappointed by the lack of some long-planned Halloween party this weekend. It's totally HalloWEAKend. Pssh. Not that I have any spectacular ideas for a costume, of course. Pregnant in overalls and a trucker hat was all I could come up with. When I was wearing said hat (which was a wiff' ball participatory hat, thank you) the other night, Boris kept calling me Ashton. Then I totes punk'd him.

BORING! Come on, Jules, up the quality!

Some day, I hope to be hilarious. Perhaps even as hilarious as this.

No comments: