Friday, July 09, 2004

I can already see this becoming a problem

So nobody even knows that this exists yet (except maybe Randy because I emailed him about it ALREADY because I don't know, shut up!!) and I'm already sort of addicted, proving once again that I am so fucking self-involved...wait, who cares. But I wanted to agree with Heather's post about the not-introducing thing. I mean, Heather seriously may not even know my name, even though she rode in my car, because we were totally not properly introduced. I just (a month ago) went to an ex's birthday party (we broke up like 3 years ago) and some of his friends were there who I'd SEEN countless times while we were dating, but who I'd somehow never been introduced to...and I was the girlfriend, for god's sake! So, I said to one of them, "You know, Nick, I don't think we've ever really met. I'm Julia." And he's like, "Yeah, I know, Julia from Woodacre. I totally know who you are!" And then I started ranting about how Chris was the worst introducer ever, blah blah blah, and these boys, they pretty much acted like I should have just taken responsibility and talked to them, which, you know, I DID, it just took me about 3 years to do it. I was a different person then, from 18 to 19. Not as assertive. Wouldn't have written a fuckin blog, that's for sure. I think I've just stopped giving a shit in my old age (22) and maybe that's made me obnoxious, but...no, I still don't say hi to people because I'm sure they won't remember me or that we weren't properly introduced, even though I have this freakish memory. In fact, I said to this girl the other day, "No, I met you a couple years ago at Leslie's birthday at the bowling alley, remember?" Psycho. So why don't I just introduce myself to the entire fucking internet, huh? How 'bout that??

OK, I'll stop now. Man, I wish I'd had this when I was unemployed. But then maybe I'd never have gotten a job.

1 comment:

Harpie said...

Gabe, can't you comment without signing up? I guess I should change my settings or something...