Monday, July 12, 2004

A Weekend Re-cap (Partially Stolen from an Email to Eric "why don't I call you drunk from Alaska?" Willett)

Last night (and I mean Saturday; I know it's after midnight) was what it was...Amanda and Rosalie and I went to the Russain affair first at about 11 and caught Randy "no I'm not going to that warehouse party!" Wat leaving right as we were walking up. This was pretty much happened the night before at Daniella's, but that night we missed him by a nanosecond. Anyway, it was kinda lovely at the Russians', much less densely packed than last time, and I got to see my friend Russ and was generally enjoying myself. Then Ro and Amanda started getting a little antsy about going to Alee's party in the city (at this point it was already after midnight, so it was understandable). We totally topped Randy in our uber-fashionable lateness by showing up at party number 2 at about 1:15 after party check-in calls to Galina and Kat, and stopping to pick up Jeff Seal. This party was much more densely packed and I spent a great deal of it squishing myself back and forth between kitchen and dining room looking for someone to talk to. Finally Jen Heller arrived from the other party in some mystery van so I hung out with her for a while and piled her and Gayle into the car back to the e-bay at the end of the night, because the mystery van people were saying things like, "if you ride with us, you have to roll with the punches," implying that they were no guaranteed ride home.

Today, the godmommy plans were foiled by her husband who threw a hissy at her for "changing plans again!!" so I guess it'll be another few years before I see her. Ah well, that's why you don't marry psychos. So instead we lounged in Cloyne's backyard (yay for the new lawn!) and played a rousing game of Scrabble, which I lost semi-severely. I swear to god, I know fewer words every day.

The Money Cat has been hanging around an inordinate amount, making me believe a little bit more everyday that he really is homeless.

And I'm obsessed with the Hall and Oates song "I Can't Go For That" and I'm embarrassed to tell my dad. I'm also embarrassed to tell my dad that I fell asleep during the fourth episode of Rocky & Bullwinkle I watched tonight, but I stayed awake through all four episodes of Sex and the City. But both helped to pull me up out of the cranky funk I was in earlier. Yay tv. Also yay for Edwin and my very very short hair that I am enjoying immensely at this moment. Oh, and YAY for Chris for calling me for girl advice! That totally made my day. And of course, yay for Eric for calling me when I was cranky, but boo for his crappy cellphone reception.

No comments: