Friday, July 30, 2004

Seriously

I was actually considering going up to these people who were talking in the lobby and saying to them, "What are you talking about, Whispery McSecretson?" But, you know, confidentiallity and all that crap. Anyway, I'm so frustrated because my hair looked so cute yesterday, and today it totally failed! If only Eric could have seen my hair over the phone, he would have been all, "Damn, that girl's so cute, I should totally not go away for two months at a time!" I'm almost halfway. I've decided, however, that giving up drinking for a month would be a bad idea. I'll need to drink my sexually frustrated sorrows away. Yeah. But back to my hair, at least my super-cute hair survived the 2 hour nap I took after work so it could go out for a night on the town with Vic. We went to Yoshi's to see the Django Project, which was pretty rad. Well, OK, it would have been infinitely radder (exaggerate much, Julia? gawd) if the saxist had been a little more...not there maybe. Talented guy, but we wanted more guitar and accordian. And more bass, physically: that thing was so weird, it was a stand-up bass, but it was all strings and no body. And the accordian, oh my god, it has so many buttons and they all look the same! They're all lined up gridlike beneath both the left and right hands, about 50 per hand. And this accordian player, his hands were so beautiful, they made me feel kind of mannish.

I just said, "That's the thing," twice in one phone conversation, referring to two different things.

God, I had so many funny things to say. I'm just glad it's Friday.

No comments: