Thursday, July 15, 2004

I have so many good ideas, and then blogger won't let me log in

Buncha jerks.

Anyway.

So I'm at work trying to place an order with Costco because (dundundun!!) we're out of chocolate. And I can't find the butter cookies. The sad thing about this is that it could be an ACTUAL calamity. Like I don't have chocolates on the end of my desk right now, and I'm counting down to when someone says, "Hey, where are the chocolates??" with that horrified tone to his or her voice. Because, you see, my friends, change is bad. But getting your way is good. One of the judges wants me to order some kind of non-sweet snack, but I'm sure I'll pick wrong. I alerted my other co-workers to the issue, and one suggested I buy fruit snacks, like Shark Bites or something. Now, as much as I enjoy a good Shark Bite now and then, I simply do not believe that they fall under the category of "non-sweet." Oh, and um, who cares?? However, you should care about the fact that my co-worker has Buffalo Soldier for her cellphone ring. How funny is that?

And how funny is this? At the memorial yesterday, I was cornered by Hank Greenwald's wife! Hank Greenwald! He gave a great speech. Bill King kept dropping all his notes all over the floor, and he said, "This is why I was an announcer and not a baseball player; I have bad hands." Hank, in his speech, said, "Well, Bill of all people should know that bad hands never kept a baseball player from making eight to ten million dollars a year." Also in attendance: former Warriors Tom Meschery and George Lee. They are both these huge old dudes I've known since I was a kid. OK, that's basically just for the amusement/jealousy of Randy. And Gabe, be sure to tell Martin and Rudy, and rub it in.

No comments: