Friday, July 16, 2004

Kansas Rocked the Credits

Seriously, you guys, I'm in a much better mood today. I was even in a better mood last night, and this is thanks in no small part to my hott date with Amanda to see...ANCHORMAN. Haha, I used the font labeled "huge" to write that. But seriously, the movie was huge. All sorts of great cameos. Be sure to watch out for Tim Robbins. I spent like half an hour being all, "who the fuck is that guy?" But that's because I'm a fucktard (awesome vocab courtesy of my little bro). Ooooh, and though IMDB was totally helpful in helping me figure out who all those uncredited cameos were, don't EVEN look at the quotes section for this movie. It's like a bunch of 12-year-old boys just kind of interpreted the lines they heard in the film. And by interpreted I mean they totally didn't listen. There are 3 or 4 versions of several of the quotes. It totally brought back the rage from the earlier part of the evening. OK, not really. But I was totally like, "Did they even see the movie?"
 
So anyway, I ain't doin shit at work. Basically I'm living vicarious through Kat, though I'd never let her know it (see, that was a joke), by reading her re-caps of dinners with Randy. How she ropes Tardy McFlakerson into a weekly dinner is totally beyond me. I'm lucky if I catch the guy at a party. Missing him last Friday reminded me of the time back in December that I showed up at a party at Kat's, and Randy had left the party TO GO TO VEGAS. Yeah, seriously. The man is pure rock. Japan will seriously not know what hit 'em. You know, I think only one post has gone by that I haven't mentioned this fucker (blatant exaggeration alert!). Let's talk about someone else.
 
Like....my brother! His life sucks right now. He hates his job where he is extremely overworked and underappreciated, his car broke down in the middle of the night the other day, and the AAA guy towed him to his mechanic and then wouldn't drive him home even though it was 2am (it was Marin and all, but still) so he had to walk 45 minutes to get home, and now he's spending $1000 to fix the car he just bought. My mom's all worried about him and stuff, but the boy's got plans; he'll be fine. He's talking about moving in with his gf in SC and going to school. Oh my god, are everyone's dreams coming true or what? Soon he too will be made of gold. Like Philly Jacob. God, I miss my little golden boy. But I have so much to remember him by...in bags all over my room. What makes me adore him more than anything is his penchant for books and shoes. He's as out of control as I am in the amounts of books and shoes he acquires. Which is just fucking insane. He even VOLUNTARILY took me shoe shopping in Italy. He was like, "You HAVE TO buy shoes while you're here." It was an order, and believe me, I obeyed.
 
Do I do anything at work? Um, no, not really.

1 comment:

roslyn said...

i remember when i saw this movie. drunk.