Wednesday, August 04, 2004

You say you can run a plant...

Our coffee machine is just so ridiculously explicit in its instructions, but people just repeatedly refuse to read them all the way through. It's not like it's a whole paragraph of packet-insertion either, it just says, "insert creamy topping, packet 1 of 2." And then it shows you a little moving picture of the creamy topping being inserted (ooooh, dirty!). Then the door pops open again and it says, "insert espresso roast, packet 2 of 2," and again shows you a little picture. I really don't think that people get past "insert." Stick it in!!!! They just want to STICK IT IN before they even know what "it" is! The same guy today 1) got a coffee packet somehow wedged into the machine (deftly removed by yours truly with the minimum of struggle and effort) and then just now 2) tried like 4 times to figure out how to make the 2-packet cappuccino before he thought to ask me. I kept hearing him opening and closing the little door, and I didn't want to offer help cuz, you know, lawyers have their silly pride and all. But this guy wasn't even a lawyer. He said, "you'd think if we can run a plant we could make a cup of coffee!" Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that he had backup, a partner in coffee-making crime, if you will. Let me just say, it's really hard to say "creamy topping" with a straight face.

I'm so tired, my eyes are crossing. Will I, can I, should I stay up late enough for Dodgeball at 9:45? It's 2-for-1, and I don't even have a date. Sigh. Maybe if I hadn't stood up my date last week...

No comments: