Saturday morning I achieved my main goal of the weekend: to sleep an absurd amount. I slept until like 12:30. This was easily justifiable for me because all I could think of at work on Friday was all the sleep I was going to get this weekend. Aaaaaah, so good. I dicked around the house for several hours (dicking around included doing dishes, cleaning the bathtub and busting the sink in the bathroom...oops) before I got off my lazy ass and walked over to the "Rockridge" Longs aka BIG LONGS. When I was at Broadway and 51st, I heard, "Hey Julia!" and turned to see Rosalie returning from the wedding she'd been to that morning. So we rendezvous-ed at Big Longs, where I purchased a toothbrush and film for the camera that Amanda just gave me (my first point'n'shoot! woohoo!), and we attempted to check out Rosalie's date for the evening, who works at an undisclosed location. We totally walked past and stared in the window, but all we saw was some dude with a ponytail, and some chick with a do-rag. Totally thwarted.
After brief respite at home, we took off for JenFest, where I promptly used an entire roll of film. Well, not promptly, it took a few hours. Traded hott gossip with Katie, chatted with the Russians, witnessed the incredible keg-moving skillz of Anthony, Graham and Tyler (the latter recovering from a recent "fight with the ground"), basked in the glow of the Heller family, found out that Xima is leaving in less than two weeks!! A friend of mine tried once again to get into my pants, which was much less awkward than it could have been. He was all fucked up on Pabst and mushrooms, so he was super giggly. We talked about it later, and he seemed to feel like a total jerk, what with the boyfriend-in-Alaska situation and all. I still feel like he's my homie, and hopefully he's not going to stop being friends with me just because I won't put out.
So anyway, my mom is the most annoying drunk ever. Oh my GOD. I totally can't help yelling at her and morphing into the bitch daughter. Tonight was the birthday dinner for my grandma (no, not the one who just died, duh). Apparently, my grandma said that she didn't want to have people over, but through some kind of "drama" (as my cousin so deftly worded it) we ended up having dinner there anyway. All afternoon before we went over, my mom was bitching about how my dad's brother is "totally clueless" and yada yada, and I was trying to convince her to not let it get to her, and, more importantly, not to take it out on my dad. To be fair, it's kind of weird that my mom went out to get the gifts for my dad's brother and mother, as she does every year without my dad's help, but it's...tradition? So, because of her annoyance at my dad's side of the fam, she proceeded to get totally drunk once we got there, and kept saying stupid semi-confrontational things to the rest of the family. It totally made me seethe because, well, because I'm a megabitch, obviously. Oh, god, and she kept saying "ovious," totally omitting the "b." Come on, Mom, you're more articulate than that. When we got home I referred to her as "Drunky McGee" to my dad, but I don't think he heard me. If he had, he totally would have laughed because it was that funny. More family fun to follow on Thursday for my mom's birthday. Let's see how drunk my mom gets this time.
Biggest excitment of today? New contacts. My eyeballs feel fresh as daisies.
1 comment:
happy birthday to your mom. MY mom is not even in town to get her birthday celebrated. go August 5th moms! -K
Post a Comment