I saw so many people this weekend that I'd been meaning to see! Jessica yesterday and Davey Dave and Liz today! With Liz, there's a certain amount of urgency; she's moving to Arkansas on Wednesday. By way of Seattle. Uh huh.
Davey and I went to see SF Mime Troupe in Willard Park today, and saw Andrew Saito, who was running sound, and who always pops up just when I forget about him. There's a staged reading of one of his plays tomorrow, but I think I'm gonna have to skip it in favor of a beer with Vegan Lunch Date. (What is it with me and vegans??) Lindsay's in town for a few days, and he told Jen that he has a girlfriend in Germany and he doesn't want any temptation. From me. So I wrote him this totally non-threatening email that said something along the lines of, "girlfriend in germany? what a coincidence, i have a boyfriend in alaska! let's have a beer." He has this weird infatuation with Geo Kaye's, so I knew he'd be easy to persuade. But that's all the persuasion he's going to get from me.
And onto another vegan: I finally hung out with Eli on Thursday and watched Kill Bill 2. It was totally pleasant, and I was thinking, "Aw, Eli's not as bad as everyone says he is! How nice that we can be friends!" On his way out the door, however, I discovered that he broke things off because of one fight he had with Drunk Julia that I don't remember. "So rather than saying something to me about it, you just stopped calling me?" I asked him. His reply was, "Uh, yeah." He didn't want to talk about what the fight was about, but said he'd tell Drunk Julia if I came to the Kerry House Friday. I was initially kind of curious about what Drunk Julia could possibly have said to cause an explanationless breakup, but then I decided that I didn't really care.
Drunk Julia, however, decided that she cared. After a night of drinking crappy beer at Cloyne (not as good as Wednesday, let me tell you), Drunk Julia decided to stop by the Kerry House after all, Amanda and Jen in tow. The conversation with Eli that ensued was so anticlimactic. What he told me was pretty much what I thought had happened. Meh. I was hoping for something a teensy bit more insane.
And onto the red-meat-eating blond...Eric is coming back a week from Wednesday. And I realized that I'm going to see 4 shows next month: Beastie Boys (with, oooh, Talib Kweli!), Dave Matthews Band (the supposedly free show that actually cost me 20 bucks! gr!!) and the Pixies with Eric (none of these shows was my idea, by the way) and....PRINCE WITH ALEXIS ON SEPTEMBER 11 (which was definitely my idea)!!
I keep sorta half-forgetting about the fact that I'm going to be in the presence of His Purple Majesty so soon, and it's always a little mini-thrill when I remember again. I'm also excited about the Pixies, because even if they're not up to par, Amanda will be there to supply us with endless amounts of free beer. I'm usually pretty skeptical of reunion shows. Semi-embarrassing anecdote, however: the CSNY reunion was the best thing about the Bridge School Benefit I went to a few years ago.
6 comments:
i may not visit your house very often but i visit your blog every day.
-p
p for pancakes?
yes! p for pancakes, not p for psycho-blog-stalker. sorry if i scared you.
-p for pancakes
naw, dude, i just couldn't think of anyone whose name started with p...except pancakes!
yep, CSNY was good that year. -K
Post a Comment