Does anyone ever think while driving that all they're doing is maneuvering a two ton killing machine? Doesn't that sound like something your drivers' ed teacher would say? But really, you feel like you're in your secure little pod, totally untouchable by all the other crazies on the road, when really, you're just another crazy. I'm just saying, cuz, you know, I'm buying my car from my mom so I'm filling out all this car insurance stuff. Currently, I am allotted $5000 for my funeral. I told my mom it didn't matter since I want to be cremated anyway. Due to recent events, she said, "That still costs $1600." I told her she could spend the remaining $3400 on lots of flowers.
So this conversation was so complimentary to another conversation we'd been having earlier in the car about these dreams I've been having about some guy who wants to kill me. Last night he was stalking me. A couple weeks ago my dad was protecting me from him, but only sort of, and everyone was telling me that it was OK, but I kept saying, "No, not really...this guy is trying to kill me!" And now my mom thinks I have some kind of anxiety problem. I told her I'm not anxious, but I am bored, and maybe my boredom is trying to kill me. Or the 8 to 5. Which reminds me...good night, good night.
1 comment:
Believe me, you're not being paranoid when you call them two-ton killing machines. Your insurance is totally worth it. Mine bought me a new car within three weeks of my previous one being crushed. It's a pain, but if you ever (god forbid) see a huge fellow two-tonner drifting over the divider towards you, you'll be glad you've got that insurance.
Oh my god, I'm turning into my mother, aren't I? Feel free to totally disregard this...
Post a Comment