How much do you love the song Sweet Adeline? If you're me, you love it a lot. And not just because it was on that tape that this boy you were totally in love with like five years ago made for you. No, because it's a good song, and it somehow stands apart from the rest of Elliott Smith's work in a lovely way.
Cloyne, you totally done right by me. I had a smashing time there last night. Heart to hearts with Jen and Dinkmeyer, a swell time in Kat's room with Smoochie, Pants and the lady herself, a bit of Sue quality time, some excellent Drunk Rosalie exploits, acceptable bathroom situations, threats to jump off the balcony, friendships cemented...what could be better? Finding out that the mysterious commentator on your blog was none other than Michael P. Manzo, webmaster of usca.org! How he found it and knew it was me is beyond my ken, but that's why he's a webmaster and I'm not.
The eating habits of the lawyers are truly fascinating to me. Which bars they eat, which chocolates they pick out of the bowl, which fruits strike their fancies. Some groups are eaters, some are coffee drinkers, some down Diet Coke like there's no tomorrow. Or like they're Amanda. Usually, people go for the Special Darks, but some days, they're all about the Mr. Goodbars. But as a rule, the bananas always go first. Maybe apples are too much of a commitment.
Speaking of eating, get this: according to the woman who weighed me at the doctor yesterday, I'm about to be overweight! She said, "Is OK, but, eh, you haff to be cahreful," in this wonderfully thick accent from somewhere in eastern Europe. Like one more bite of filet mignon could totally send me right over the edge into obesity. Um, sorry, I didn't know I was such a porker. Better start fasting or something. Oh, but the exciting thing is that I'm...5'4" AND A HALF!! I'm, like, so hella tall. Oh, and I totally look like I've been shooting up because I have these big ol' bruises where they jammed needles into both arms, because apparently, the left side of my body is dead and has no blood in it. Well, OK, it must have SOME blood, since, you know, that's what made the bruise.
1 comment:
Stumbled upon your site from the Blogger bar. Nice. What about the left hand? It sounded a bit serious to me. And do not worry to leave a comment to me just because I did. No pressure. In my case, I was brought up in India and conditioned that when you meet somebody, you should always leave something at their place :-)
Post a Comment