Driving to work in Walnut Creek has quickly become like not taking the early final. I fully intend to take BART to work every day, just as I used to intend to take finals early when given the option. Both of these things are easy to rationalize. Early final? Why not get it over with so you can have more time to study for your other finals, so you're not all stressed out at the last minute? Taking BART to work? It's so much cheaper and more environmentally sound, plus you get to read/sleep for 18 additional minutes instead of sitting in traffic. Ah, but the other options are just so tantalizing. Why should I ever take the early final? Don't I NEED that time for studying? And when it comes to driving to work...it's not THAT much more expensive: BART is $5.10, and parking is $8. What's $2.90? A small price to pay for those 3 more minutes of sleep or shower or sandwich-making. If I leave the house 3 minutes late to catch the train, I'll end up being 15 minutes late to work. And I can get home a little more quickly if I drive. And maybe with that extra time, I'll stop by WaMu and take care of my finances. It's right on the way home!
Or maybe I'll just use those extra minutes to sit on my lazy ass.
1 comment:
See, that's the thing, I know all the reasons it's stupid to drive to work, but I do it anyway, and I rationalize it with ease. I realize that $2.90 will get me a Pabst at the Stork and still leave enough for the tip, but, I'm just gonna come right out and say it: I don't like PBR. I DO like throwing money around: I just spent like $60 on my mom.
Post a Comment