So I'm riding home from work today, and at Rockridge, about 15 guys my age get on my car. They're a fairly multiracial group, dressed in contemporary garb, I think maybe they're going to a baseball game or some such outing. But they're holding all these newpapers and pamphlets. And they start mumbling the words "freedom" and "let's wait 'til the train starts moving." When the train starts moving, they bust out in a gospel song about freedom, and start handing out literature for....LYNDON LAROUCHE. If you are not familiar with Mr. LaRouche, I would like to refer you to the minimag I found on my front porch the other day, entitled, "Children of Satan III: The Sexual Congress for Cultural Fascism." Wha? I tried to read through the booklet, and none of it really made sense, and all I got out of it was that Dick Cheney is a "beast-man." (True enough, but as Jon Carroll pointed out, the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend.) I wondered if maybe all this was a joke, but then I read Jon Carroll's column the other day, and found out that yeah, LaRouche is a real guy, and yeah, he really is that nutso. And now this, the youth of the uber-liberal Bay Area disseminating this insane, nonsensical rhetoric? Oh my fucking god. This cannot be real.
And I just spent one hour and $9 on some really terrible lip product. Maybe I could use it for some event that requires me to have hott pink lips. Sheer? Shya!
Thinking predominantly of the trivial is sometimes the only thing that keeps me from flipping the fuck out about the state of the world. That and thinking predominantly of myself. I am wrought with doubt about nearly everything in my life. Paralyzed by indecision and, well, self-doubt. But hey, I guess that's youth, right? Or aren't we supposed to be really self-assured, self-righteous and supposedly indestructible? Shouldn't we all have strong desires to overthrow the corrupt government and all that? Nah, welcome to the age of apathy. I can't believe that P. Diddy has to wear a shirt that says "Vote or Die!" just to try and get the youth of America into the fuckin polls. But didn't we learn 4 years ago that even if we do vote, it doesn't get counted?
Um, dude, shut up.
I should have just bought the same lip gloss that I lost the other day, but they only had it in 2-for-1, and then they had to do a price-check, and then the guy who was doing the price-check just kinda reappeared, making it all too obvious that he had performed no such price-check. So I just said "fuck it" and ended up with this supposedly sheer/actually hot pink stuff, that is also kinda sticky. I have been rendered effectively glossless.
And now I'm afraid I have tetanus.
No comments:
Post a Comment