There was a guy at my BART stop this morning holding a sign that said, "Routine or Passion?" On Monday, he was holding a sign that said, "Miserable Monday or Miracle Monday?" He doesn't say anything; he's not like the guy with the "Tipi tipi tipi tipi" sign on Telegraph. He doesn't look homeless at all, he doesn't even look like a crazy fanatic, except that he's holding a sign. I wonder if he's trying to make me see something in particular or if he's just trying to make me hate my job a little bit more every day. Of COURSE it's miserable Monday, of COURSE it's routine. The routine being me waking up at 6:45, hitting snooze 3 or 4 times, and then wanting to cry because I really do have to get out of bed. But BART is good. Amanda was right when she said that you need the buffer between bed and work. I relish my 18 minutes of morning reading. I'm so enjoying The World According to Garp right now. I started reading it so slowly, I've been reading it for weeks. Now suddenly I can't tear myself away from it on the BART. I contemplate just staying on the train past my stop so I stay absorbed in the story. And I want to finish it so I can see the movie, because the 1980's Robin Williams was so rad. I'm not a huge Glenn Close fan, and if she's playing who I think she's playing...meh. But John Lithgow in one of his earliest movie roles! I wonder if it's going to be like Little Big Man; I loved the movie Little Big Man until I read the book. OK, I shouldn't be so harsh, it's really an excellent film, and Dustin Hoffman is so good, but I couldn't stand the way that the movie didn't seem to even try to stick to the sequence of events in the book! I found myself saying, over and over, "This didn't happen now! That's not how this happened!" Really, it's all fiction anyway. But I guess I'm more passionate about fiction than I am about my routine.
1 comment:
Liberties??? Oh man, I HATE liberty!
Post a Comment